The Youth Homelessness Demonstration Program (YHDP) Request for Proposals (RFP) is open and the Youth Action Board (YAB) is accepting applications.
Please see below for important information and read all information that is provided. All applications will be completed by your agency in e-snaps. DO NOT hit submit on the application in e-snaps until you have received a confirmation letter from YAB stating that your project has been accepted. YAB may request changes to your application. All projects that are accepted by YAB will be required to submit a letter from YAB and the YHDP lead in e-snaps and if your agency hits the submit button, you will not be able to add these required documents for HUD.
Items to remember:
- Deadlines are extremely important to this process. If your project application packet is not submitted by the June 8, 2022, 7 p.m. deadline, your application will not be eligible to be reviewed. All important project dates can be found in the ND FY22 YHDP Local Competition Packet (Request for Proposal).
- It is highly recommended that all applicants read the Coordinated Community Plan that was created by the YAB and ND YHDP Core Team and submitted to the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development.
- You DID NOT need to submit a Letter of Intent to apply for YHDP funding. All nonprofit organizations, state or local entities, instrumentalities of local governments, or public housing authorities can apply for YHDP funds.
- There will be two application labs held, one on May 20 at 10:30 a.m. and one on May 25 at 2 p.m. The application labs will include a brief overview of YHDP and e-snaps and the rest of the time will be open for your agency to work on their application and ask questions. If you applying for funds, please email Shawnel Willer so your agency will be included on the invite for the application labs.
- Please be patient! If you have questions, bring them to the application lab or email Shawnel Willer. You are strongly encouraged to read through the materials provided, as most of the answers will be found within that documentation.
- ND FY22 YHDP Local Competition Packet
- YHDP New Detailed Instructions from HUD
- YHDP New Project Application Navigational Guide
- ND Coordinated Community Plan
The following documents must be attached with your application submission:
- Project application from e-snaps
- Threshold Requirements
- Most recent financial audit report
- Proof of 501(c)(3)
- MOU between applicant and subgrantee (if applicable)